Jijaka Desert Wind Bandana
Its NAIDOC Week from 8th - 15th November here in Australia. NAIDOC originally stood for ‘National Aborigines and Islanders Day Observance Committee’. This committee was once responsible for organising national activities during NAIDOC Week and its acronym has since become the name of the week itself. Week celebrations are held across Australia each year to celebrate the history, culture and achievements of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This years theme is Always Was, Always Will Be. which recognises that First Nations people have occupied and cared for this continent for over 65,000 years.
To celebrate NAIDOC Week here at Black Pepper, we have released our Jijaka Desert Wind Bandana. This Indigenous design features the beautiful colours of the Australian earth and if you look closely you can see the tracks of the Kangaroo and the Emu around the watering holes. The backing fabric is a burnt orange, the vivid colour of the Australian desert, earth and Uluru.
Jijaka is the Indigenous word for Kangaroo and the art tells the stories of desert and coastal tribes who have lived on the Australian continent for more than 40,000 years. Their corroborree ceremonies trace the ancient Dreamtime journeys of spirit ancestors, as they travel the vast Australian landscape.
Black Pepper Dogwear acknowledges the traditional owners of the country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past, present and emerging. To learn more about NAIDOC week visit www.naidoc.org.au
- The fabric is made of 100% Cotton and the backing fabric is 100% Cotton Poplin.
- Natural cotton makes this bandana breathable during summer and pawfect for those energetic doggo activities.
- The natural fibres are gentle on your puppies skin.
- This bandana is suitable for both puppies and dogs.
- The Black Pepper fabric labels are made of 100% Polyester with up to 50% recycled yarn.
- This dog bandana is tie up, so it can be worn with or without a collar.
- The long ties make it easier to dress the more wriggly dogs that can't sit still.
- Once tied up to the right size, the bandana can easily slip on and off over the dogs/puppy's head without a fuss.
- All our bandanas are individually handmade with love and care, right here in Brisbane, Australia.
- All bandanas have an additional zig zag stitch to prevent fray and then stitched again around the outside to ensure they are sturdy for all activities.
Please see our Sizing Chart page for measurements of our bandana sizes and approximate neck measurements to assist you with finding the perfect fit for your furry furiend.
Please also view our Product Care page for cleaning instructions.
Share this Product
Love the indigenous style of print great for supporting NAIDOC week
Fantastic customer service and amazing quality!
I have 3 Black Dog Bandanas now and the Jijaka Desert Wind Bandana is my favourite. The quality is amazing and the fabric is beautiful. It also just happens to match my pups colouring exactly 🧡